Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spectacular Visibility at Sombrero Lighthouse

We went our to the reef again this week, we couldn't help it - the winds died down and the water so incredibly clear. We couldn't sail out, because of the lack of wind so we motored out instead. We also took the opportunity to clean the bottom of the boat. We lucked out and saw some some species we haven't yet seen before; Southern stingray's, some 6 foot long Barracuda's, a couple Nurse sharks and some Pufferfish.


 Queen Parrotfish

Whiptail stingray





 Yellowtail Snapper



Hogfish



Spiny lobster

 Sombrero Lighthouse



 Barracuda



 This was the 6' long Barracuda

Or these?

 Pufferfish



2 comments:

  1. hi guys, two yrs. ago we flew into Marsh harbor and "did" those islands for a week. We used the moorings charter bareboat co. Have to say we didn't have the best weather for sailing or underwater viewing. The conch wasn't tasty, and the key lime pie was from sysco. Also, all the capes and harbors we visited were "open hold" a bizarre irony for such a beautiful place. Sorry about the downer, but thats how it was for me at that time. I'm confident you'll come out of it all with a more positive experience. Thoughts and prayers always with you. marco

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back from Moab. Had a great trip, took a fall on Moab Rim Trail and came home with scrapes and bruises - the test of a great hike. When I'm sure you're getting email again I'll tell you what I wrote in trail register - duly outrageous. Meantime, you know my thoughts are often with you. I wish you great adventure, minimal danger (Why don't I wish you NO danger? Because it's no fun unless there's at least a little danger as the basis for good stories).

    ReplyDelete